CPT For Fall Internships
The following information is applicable only to exiting class of MCS international students, i.e. students who have completed at least three (3) consecutive quarters in the program. Incoming MCS students are not eligible for CPT during their first Fall quarter in the program.
In order for exiting MCS international students to intern in the Fall quarter preceding graduation, ALL of the following requirements must be met:
- The student meets all CPT eligibility criteria outlined by UCI International Center;
- By the end of Spring quarter, the student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher;
- The student will only be taking three (3) courses in Fall, i.e, the student is not making up any failed courses from the academic year;
- The internship is 20 hours or less;
- The company is local and/or student can work remotely; and
- Approved by MCS Faculty Director and Program Director.
Once a MCS international student shows the aforementioned requirements are met, the MCS Program Director or a member of the Career Development team will provide the student further instructions on how to enroll in CS298P for Fall.