Welcome to the Master of Computer Science Program
The Master of Computer Science Program prepares students for immediate entry into the technology workforce as well as supports students for enhanced job opportunities and mobility. The program emphasizes computer science that applies to a wide variety of applications and industries where students learn or reinforce key computer science concepts through classroom and project-based learning, and through individual and collaborative assignments.
The program spans four academic quarters –fall, winter, spring, and fall in addition to a summer component that includes either an internship or additional coursework.
A key feature of the program is the capstone design courses, which are taken simultaneously and include design, development, and professional writing components.
Some highlights of the program include:
- Dedicated Career Counselor offering career and professional development resources, workshops, and one-on-one personalized career and job search coaching.
- 15-month program, beginning in the Fall and commencing the following Fall.
- UCI world-renown Faculty from the Department of Computer Science.
- A professional writing and communication course that other competing programs do not offer.
- All of our courses are lab and project-focused for hands-on experience.
- UC Irvine has the only independent Computer Science School within the UC system.